Friday, May 23, 2008

A note on the Temporary and Ever Changing

A little while ago I wrote about dancing and what it means to me. I wrote from a place where I felt my Ballroom and Latin partnership was up for some questioning. I left the issue in the last post with "the partnership is still up in the air" because at the time I had not quite worked through my reasons for being uncertain.

As so often happens in life I have since come to a different conclusion. I have had an enforced break from dancing while allowing a hip injury to heal and in that time remembered exactly what makes the partnership work so well. Many of the communication glitches and other issues that caused me pain have faded or been sorted out. I have remembered that sorting out troubles is so much more rewarding than running away from them.

Also, that I love dancing and I can use dancing to make myself and others happier.

I leave you with an original (and personal favorite) quote:
"What is a mind worth if you cannot change it?"

No comments: